Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Something About Airplanes..on vinyl

So, the weekend that just past I spent in Toronto for back-to-back Brand New shows.
Thus being said, staying over for the weekend not only called for a lot of partying to celebrate being un-bed ridden, but a lot of vinyl shopping too!

My prize purchase...
DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE- SOMETHING ABOUT AIRPLANES
I'm going to begin by saying that Death Cab is definitely a vinyl band.
Opening with BEND TO SQUARES, the sound is much more texturized, and seems to "pop off" the record compared the the CD version.

*anyone who knows Death Cab, specifically old Death Cab, knows that Ben Gibbard's voice is distinctively soft, so now just imagine an analog vs. digital version...its heavenly*

The warmer, fuller sound that comes with vinyl makes the sweet sounds of Death Cab OH so much better than the mechanical sounds that come on CD.

...all I want for Christmas is the rest of Death Cab's catalogue on vinyl

2 comments:

  1. Ok i'm being serious i got two of those plus one on cassette. BOO YA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you do Adam, I'm sure you do...
    thanks for reading though :)

    ReplyDelete