Thursday, November 26, 2009

Allow me to introduce you to Franco, Franco Un-American

SO, presentations suck, especially if you're someone like me who does not enjoying standing up in front of a class full of university students to ramble on about something that you have absolutely no interest in, and really don't give a shit about.
(Studs Terkel anyone?..exactly..)

THE CURE?
NOFX.
FRANCO UN-AMERICAN!

This song can fix all sorts of dread and nervousness, guaranteeing to leave you pleasantly chilled out. I just listened to it while anticipating my presentation, and the entire time I was stuck up in front of the class (which just so happened to be extra full today), I couldn't help but smile while this song played in my head.
So, why think all the bad things when life is so good....


YOU CAN ALL THANK ME LATER WHEN YOUR FEELING HIGH OFF THE VIBES OF THIS SWEET, SWEET, SONG.

PEACE + LOVE
J. SPOT

I never thought about the universe, it made me feel small
Never thought about the problems of this planet at all
Global warming, radio-active sites
Imperialistic wrongs and animal rights! No!

Why think of all the bad things when life is so good?
Why help with an 'am' when there's always a 'could'?
Let the whales worry about the poisons in the sea
Outside of California, it's foreign policy

I don't want changes, I have no reactions
Your dilemmas are my distractions

That's no way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco, Franco Un-American

I never looked around, never second-guessed
Then I read some Howard Zinn now I'm always depressed
And now I can't sleep from years of apathy
All because I read a little Noam Chomsky

I'm eating vegetation, 'cause of Fast Food Nation
I'm wearing uncomfortable shoes 'cause of globalization
I'm watching Michael Moore expose the awful truth
I'm listening to Public Enemy and Reagan Youth

I see no world peace 'cause of zealous armed forces
I eat no breath-mints 'cause they're from de-hoofed horses
Now I can't believe; what an absolute failure
The president's laughing 'cause we voted for Nader

That's no way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
Where can we go, Franco Un-American

I want to move north and be a Canadian
Or hang down low with the nice Australians
I don't want to be another "I-don't-care"-ican
What are we gonna do Franco, Franco Un-American

7 comments:

  1. Woman, this is amazing! not saying that your presentation was boring I just didn't really have any motivation to learn about Studs... not that he isn't fantabulous.
    How i love you for writing this and bringing my attention to the lovely NOFX. makes my life better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE ANYONE THAT LOVES NOFX

    ReplyDelete
  3. solid work
    this video is killer
    very visually stimulating way to get a message across and the music def gives you something related to nod your head to while you learn
    if we all had a choice to take a course where education was presented more like i think alot of ppl would be more motivated to learn and topics would stick easier in our minds

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like thissssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHY THINK ALL THE BAD THINGS WHEN LIFE IS SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete