Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MUST HEAR CHRISTMAS SONGS, pt.1

Have you heard enough of the old Christmas songs that make you want to pull your hair out yet? Well, hopefully the playlist below will help alleviate the stress and get you in the Christmas spirit!

Blue Christmas- Bright Eyes
Christmas is Going to the Dogs- The Eels
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- Death Cab For Cutie
We Three kings- Fuel
Christmas Night of Zombies-MXPX
This Time of Year- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
When I Get Home for Christmas- Snow Patrol
Put the Lights on the Tree- Sufjan Stevens
Santa Clause is Coming to Town- Sugarcult
The Christmas Song- The Ravonettes

...stay tuned for even more sweet alt indie Christmas songs!

4 comments:

  1. Ah I was definitely going to do this for my blog, might still at some point when it gets a little closer so dont take offense to me making a list :P

    Anyways, this is awesome because I always try to find as many christmas song remakes as I can for the Holidays. My mom has this rule that after December 1st, if she is in the vicinity, all that can play over the speakers is christmas music. This is all in an effort to make sure I don't blare any more "noise"... never works out. She definitely didnt plan on me finding christmas songs by modern rock artists haha. Needless to say, I have a LOT of fun on Christmas vacation with my new finds every year haha. I think the best reaction was from From First To Last's version of 12 Days Of Christmas. We were in the car on the way to school, I had my christmas cd playing, and my mom about killed us all by swerving because it scared her. I got the "JESSICA WHAT IS THIS? I SAID CHRISTMAS MUSIC ONLY" lecture before getting out of the car... at which point I showed her lyrics and proved my point ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I won't be home for Christmas" - blink-182

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silent Night by Manowar... In German of course

    ReplyDelete